HISTORY OF ROMANTZA 1926
ROMANTZA 1926 is one of the oldest building of the modern village Poros, began to be built in 1918 with the most simple building project of its time, with stones and sand from the sea, with lime without cement, by George and Stamatia Giafi, family fishermen.
The workmanship was so meticulous that even today stands proud despite earthquakes that has faced, withmain the great earthquake of 1953 that leveled the island.
Launched in 1926 as “Hani“. When the resource was the main shopping port of Kefalonia and work Greolebantes boaters banned seamen found here roof, store their things, bed to sleep and junk food, fried maridoyla, anchovies and wine.
The 1942 commandeered by their conquerors to operations center around the landand sea. With terror the soul Barba Yorgos Gkiafis sees German soldier aiming fromthe terrace of Romance and kills 18 year old young man why he considers rebel.
With the tourist development that ensued, the Romance continued to function as the democratic Tavern by descendants of the family until 2011.